Re: [exim] Decide what router to use according to the from f…

Author: Todd Lyons
To: rblue
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Decide what router to use according to the from field
On Jul 17, 2014 8:14 PM, "rblue" <rblue117@???> wrote:

> On 7/17/2014 3:22 PM, Evgeniy Berdnikov wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 02:49:44PM -0600, rblue wrote:
>>>
>>> I can't tell if $acl_m_use_ses is or not equal to 1. I assume it is due

>>> these lines:
>>>
>>> expanding: $acl_m_use_ses
>>>     result:
>>> expanding: 1
>>>     result: 1
> If $acl_m_use_ses is expanding to an empty string, why does it have

result: 1? How could I fix this?

You are misreading it slightly. It is processing the two arguments the eq{}
is comparing. It is expanding the contents of the first bracket,
$acl_m_use_ses, which is empty (has not yet been set). Then it is expanding
the contents of the second bracket, 1, which has no variables in it, so
that simply expands to 1. Then the eq{} compares "" to 1. They are not
equal, so it expands and uses the false bracket, which you have the string
"no". Since the final answer to this condition is "no", which is the same
as 0 or false, the condition fails, causing this router not to be used.

Again, the reason I think the use_ses variable is empty is because you are
seeing the routers bring processed as part of address verification, not the
actual router processing after the data phase.

...Todd