[exim-dev] mx points to self - good

Author: Jasen Betts
To: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] mx points to self - good
I'm trying to setup an email-unsubscribe mechanism that can handle
several domains, but I don't know which domain names beforehand

The domain names will all be CNAME to a known domain name and the MX
on that domain points to a IP dedicated address on the exim server

So I know when I get a mail on port 25 of that IP address that the
local part will contain unsubscribe information,

I'm also using the server as MX for a real domain, and for
authenticated relaying for several external users.

The problem I have is the routers barf on the unrecognised domain
pointing to a known local ip address.

How should I handle this? Set an ACL_M variable in the RCPT acl
and use it (with "condition=" ) to disable or preempt the
disagreeable routers? or is there a better way, I don't need to
forward the unsubscribes anywhere just deliver them all to the same
file transport. (the work is all done in the data ACL, I just want a
spare copy saved in a file).

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural