Re: [exim-dev] [exim-cvs] Changed version comparison to be s…

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] [exim-cvs] Changed version comparison to be string based
On 2012-10-26 at 22:17 +0100, Exim Git Commits Mailing List wrote:
> Author:     Nigel Metheringham

>     Changed version comparison to be string based

Deoh! Sorry. :(

I loath every part of Perl's version numbering and comparison operators
and it's what finally stopped me using Perl for my own projects. In
Python, these would just be split on '.' to tuples and compared that
way, naturally getting the right results. Tuple comparison is Just Done
Right.

Well, I guess it's a good thing that we decided that 4.99 will be
followed by 5.00 instead of 4.100.

-Phil