Re: [exim] Quota Limits - Setting Greater Amounts

Autor: Todd Lyons
A: Brian Spraker
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Quota Limits - Setting Greater Amounts
On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 8:29 PM, Brian Spraker <spraker@???> wrote:
> Thank you for the response Todd.  Your pseudo-code is exactly what I am looking for - it is just a matter of how it can be put into the Exim config file that will allow for that to function that way.

No, it's in the source code of exim, not in the config.

> So you believe by turning the quota_is_inclusive to 'true' may help correct this problem somewhat?

Setting it to true means that it will reject the current incoming
email because of the fact that it would put it over the limit.
Setting it to false means that it will accept the current incoming
email regardless of the fact that it would put it over limit. In both
cases, the quota warning message doesn't get created for the corner
case that the mailbox is below the warning threshold and the incoming
message is bigger than the remaining quota (and this is proper IMHO).

The question is whether you think it's better to have a quota
rejection when the actual usage is less than the quota warning level,
or if it's better to have a quota rejection when the usage jumped to
above quota. In both cases, the rejection occurs without having
warned the recipient. :-/

I intended to do some work and testing on it today, but work kept me
busy and I didn't have the time to dig into it. Saturday is my wife's
birthday so I'm throwing a party for family and friends. Sunday I'm
going to be out of town almost all day. So realistically, I might get
some time to work on it come Monday. If I can get something together
and get a test case for it, it might make it into the RC's and the
next release. A lot has to go right for that to happen :-)

...Todd
violent psychopath who knows where you live. -- Martin Golding