Re: [exim] Quota Limits - Setting Greater Amounts

Author: Brian Spraker
To: Todd Lyons
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Quota Limits - Setting Greater Amounts

--- On Thu, 5/17/12, Todd Lyons <tlyons@???> wrote:

From: Todd Lyons <tlyons@???>
To: "Brian Spraker" <spraker@???>
Cc: exim-users@???
Date: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 8:40 PM

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Todd Lyons <tlyons@???> wrote:
>> I just have a few users that complain that they don't get the notice their mailbox is at 90% capacity and don't know that e-mails are bouncing because they have reached their limit.
>> You have quota_is_inclusive = false.  The only thing I can conceive
>> that may be an issue is that one message comes in when it's at 89% or
>> less, and that one message is bigger than the 11% remaining.  The
>> message gets delivered and the account is over-quota, but the warning
>> message never got generated because the state of the mailbox never was
>> in the range of 90-99%, where it would be detected and the warning
>> message generated.  I've not yet evaluated whether this is actually
>> the flow of the code, so take it with a grain of salt.
>
>It appears that this can in fact happen.  The fix seems like it would
>need to be one additional check along the lines of this pseudo-code:
>
>if ( quota_is_not_inclusive AND
>     current_size < quota_warning_size AND
>     current_size + incoming_msg_size > quota )
>
>  then do the warning message
>
>Thinking about it...

Thank you for the response Todd. Your pseudo-code is exactly what I am looking for - it is just a matter of how it can be put into the Exim config file that will allow for that to function that way.

So you believe by turning the quota_is_inclusive to 'true' may help correct this problem somewhat?

violent psychopath who knows where you live. -- Martin Golding