Re: [exim-dev] GnuTLS status

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] GnuTLS status
On 2012-05-17 at 15:57 +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> Phil Pennock wrote:
> > Am really coming around to the idea of making the next release be 4.80
> > instead of 4.78, to highlight that there are issues to watch for here.
>
> There do seem to be a number of changes that cause upgrade issues,
> so probably a good idea.

Done.

I really dislike being the originator of backwards incompatible
changes, but both the real ones are security fixes: OpenSSL not
susceptible to BEAST in default config, GnuTLS not supporting MD5.

The accept_8bitmime change, I think everyone's roughly in agreement on.
If anyone disagrees, please do speak up.

-Phil