Re: [exim] Issues with (gnu)tls

Autor: Janne Snabb
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Issues with (gnu)tls
On 2012-05-17 11:09, W B Hacker wrote:

> Before I did ANYTHING else I'd rename all of the 'X-Spam <wotever>'
> headers you add to something unique to your own server.
>
> Many a Sysadmin has chased ghosts that turned out to be the same
> header-names already present on the *incoming* traffic - either added by
> the submitting server - or even spoofed.

IMHO the best solution is to add the X-Spamwhatever headers in the
system filter based on ACL variables. In system filter it is possible to
remove pre-existing header lines first, but in ACL it is not possible. I
have something such as the following in my system filter:

# Exim filter

if first_delivery then
headers remove X-Spam-Score:X-Spam-Report:X-Spam-Flag

  if $acl_m_spam_score is not "" then
    headers add "X-Spam-Score: $acl_m_spam_score ($acl_m_spam_bar)"

    if $acl_m_spam_score_int is not below 50 then
      headers add "X-Spam-Flag: YES"
      headers add "X-Spam-Report: $acl_m_spam_report"
    endif
  endif
endif

For some reason all the spamd ACL examples add the headers in the ACL.

--
Janne Snabb / EPIPE Communications
snabb@??? - http://epipe.com/