Re: [exim] Recipient checking wrong server name?

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Recipient checking wrong server name?
On 01/05/12 18:51, Iain Houston wrote:
> Is there anything I can do to have recipients' MTAs verify
> coombe.villagenet.info instead?

Everything you're doing looks to be correct. You have a HELO that
matches the source IP address, have SPF records that work (except that
mailforward.lcn.com has no MX records). The only possible change would
be to make sure rDNS matches the HELO/EHLO (or vice versa). This is not
necessarily required, but the more picky servers will take it into
account during the spam scanning (I do but I'm not a gorilla).

Getting your provider to change the rDNS entry for the server,
especially off the generic name, would be more of a help than a
hindrance. It seems that modifying the rDNS is available based on the
other IPs in the netblock.

Beyond that, find a better neighbourhood for the server to live in, or
use an established ESP since they will deal with keeping their nose
clean and it is after all their line of work.