Re: [exim] Recipient checking wrong server name?

Autor: Iain Houston
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Recipient checking wrong server name?
Thanks for taking the time to look at this, Ted.
No, I didn't frame my question very well.

I think it boils down to this:
whatever host name I tell exim to use, I assume that
a recipient's MTA will always think we
are relaying for s15917281.onlinehome-server.info.
(And whatever I tell my DNS SPF records are allowed hosts.)

Because, even though:
If uname -a gives Linux coombe.villagenet.info 3.2.0-24-generic ...

and hostname -f gives:
coombe.villagenet.info

and I set up my SPF records to allow clients' mail from
coombe.villagenet.info

and I tell exim:
primary_hostname = coombe.villagenet.info
qualify_domain = villagenet.info
qualify_recipient = villagenet.info

I was hoping not to have so much mail rejected.

But, because we rent our server I have to accept that ....

cat /etc/hosts gives
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
82.165.46.221 s15917281.onlinehome-server.info s15917281
82.165.46.221 s391547658.onlinehome.info

and nslookup 82.165.46.221 gives
221.46.165.82.in-addr.arpa    name = s15917281.onlinehome-server.info.

Is there anything I can do to have recipients' MTAs verify
coombe.villagenet.info instead?