Re: [exim-dev] test suite

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] test suite
On 2012-04-16 at 21:21 +0100, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> So, I'm running fairly clean passes of the testsuite now,
> but I have a fairly long list of testcase output changes needed
> to do so. What's the view on committing these?

For those not needed for a functionality patch, go for it. We'll see
the exim-cvs@ copy of the patch (even though it's git).

For those relating to functionality changes, post a short message saying
what you're doing and why, and on your own best judgement choose
between:
* holding off a day or two
* submit to git on branch, for merging
* submit to git mainline, being prepared to accept rollback

The joy of revision control: any change can be reverted. :)

Just try to keep commit messages meaningful, so that the person doing
the next release cut can see *why* things were done, as well as skimming
over the patch for review.

-Phil