Re: [exim] help in setting up filters

Author: Andrew Colin Kissa
To: Noel Martin Llevares
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] help in setting up filters

On 08 Apr 2012, at 7:19 AM, Noel Martin Llevares wrote:

> I am a newbie at administering our company's mail server which is hosted at
> GoDaddy. The cPanel says we're running Exim on a CentOS server.
>
> My problem is this:
>
> 1. My boss wants to set up our email system such that all outgoing
> emails coming from our agents to our clients will pass through a
> "moderation queue" before being actually sent to the client.
> 2. The "moderator" should be able read, review, edit, and send the
> messages from the "moderation queue" to the client.
> 3. The client should see the email as coming from the original sender
> (the agent) NOT the moderator.
>
> I have been reading the docs from Exim.org and searched for "Exim filters
> tutorial" from Google but still I can't make it do what I want. I am a
> developer with no experience with administering mail servers.
>
> Right now, I'm thinking of using a filter that will forward all outgoing
> emails to a moderator account instead of the client's account. After the
> moderator is finished editing, he can then send it to the client but the
> "From:" header should still read as the original sender.
>
> Is my plan even possible in Exim? Are there other better ways?

This is plain insane, what kind of corporate clone are you to even
consider this, are there no privacy laws where you come from ?

Are the people you are spying on even aware that they are being
spied on ? What happens when the client replies to the message
with the edited content included ?

--
www.baruwa.org