Re: [exim] OT: DKIM - but nothing to do with Exim!

Author: exim.ml@riotm.co.uk
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] OT: DKIM - but nothing to do with Exim!
On Sat, 2012-03-31 at 11:15 +0200, Luca Bertoncello wrote:
> Ron White <exim.ml@???> schrieb:
>
> > Now, another domain comes on stream with this shared MTA - say
> > 'anotherdomain.null'. How can this ever send mail that is DKIM signed
> > when the private key is for somehosting.null?
> >
> > Obviously I'm missing something really obvious here in my understanding.
> > Can anyone put me out of my misery?
>
> Hi, Ron!
>
> I can't say you how to do that with other MTAs as Exim, but with Exim is
> really simple!
> This is my configuration (just the part used to send out E-Mails):
>
> Router:
>
> external_gw:
>   driver = dnslookup
>   transport = ${if exists {/etc/exim/domainKeys/$sender_address_domain}
>                      {remote_smtp_DK} {remote_smtp}}
>   domains = !+local_domains
>   no_more

> Transport:
> # Transport for sender domains WITHOUT DomainKeys
> remote_smtp:
> driver = smtp
>
> # Transport for sender domains WITH DomainKeys
> remote_smtp_DK:
> driver = smtp
> dkim_canon = relaxed
> dkim_domain = $sender_address_domain
> dkim_selector = ${substr{0}{4}{$tod_zulu}}
> dkim_private_key = /etc/exim/domainKeys/$dkim_domain/$dkim_selector.priv
>
> Now, in /etc/exim/domainKeys I have many directories, with the name of the
> domain on my server that use DKIM to sign outgoing E-Mails (for example
> lucabert.de, lucabert.com and so on).
> Et voila! The E-Mail from something@??? will be signed with the DKIM
> for lucabert.de, the E-Mail from someotherthing@??? (other domain on
> my server) will be signed with the DKIM for lucabert.com.
>
> Really simple, isn't it? :)
>
> Regards
> Luca Bertoncello
> (lucabert@???)

Hi Luca,

Thank you for your kind reply.

Is it Exim 4.72 onwards that supports DKIM natively?

All the 'how to' docs I read suggested using DKIMPROXY, and so far so
good.

I've now finally worked it out, typically by reading the documents
properly. I feel such a fool:

http://dkimproxy.sourceforge.net/manual/dkimproxy.out.html

Separate the domain names with commas, make sure all domains have the
same public key. Job done.

Thank you once again - appreciate the reply.

Ron