Re: [pcre-dev] Compile into kernel module

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Autor: Zoltán Herczeg
To: pcre-dev, james jones
Betreff: Re: [pcre-dev] Compile into kernel module
Hi,

You mean:

7.  Some cosmetic changes to the code to make life easier when compiling it
    as part of something else:

    (a) Change DEBUG to PCRE_DEBUG.

    (b) In pcre_compile(), rename the member of the "branch_chain" structure
        called "current" as "current_branch", to prevent a collision with the
        Linux macro when compiled as a kernel module.

    (c) In pcre_study(), rename the function set_bit() as set_table_bit(), to
        prevent a collision with the Linux macro when compiled as a kernel
        module.

As PCRE is a simple C library, there shouldn't be any problem to compile it under any environment, except some symbol clashes. And as Alex mentioned the JIT compiler can be compiled as well. If you need any help just let me know.

Regards,
Zoltan

Alexander Nasonov <alnsn@???> írta:
>james jones wrote:>
> I have seen some mention in the change logs of compiling PCRE into a kernel>
> module. I understand this is not preferred, but is the any documents on how>
> to do. I want try an experiment.>

Linux or something else? With sljit or without? I could build sljit as NetBSD>
kernel module after few modifications. I don't know about the rest of>
pcre.>

Alex>

-- >
## List details at https://lists.exim.org/mailman/listinfo/pcre-dev >