Re: [exim] local_sender_blacklist currently doing nothing

Author: John Beaumont | Beecroft
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] local_sender_blacklist currently doing nothing

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:55:27 +0000
John Beaumont | Beecroft <john.beaumont@???> wrote:

> Configuration:
> Ubuntu Server 10.04, Exim 4.71, one file configuration
> Server is just for reception of company mail from a pop3 server via
> fetchmail, does not send any mail.
>
> I am trying to get local_sender_blacklist to work. I have been testing
> this by sending mail from my gmail account. So far no joy. Email from
> my @gmail.com account gets through without problem.
>
> Does anyone know where I am going wrong? Have been through the manual
> for the blacklist file and everything seems fine. I don't have any
> whitelist files.

<snip>

Okay I have got it to work by moving the blacklist deny in
exim4.conf.template above all other checks in acl_check_rcpt. Bit of a
hack but works.

So I thought it could be one of two accepts:

# Accept if the source is local SMTP (i.e. not over TCP/IP). We do
this by # testing for an empty sending host field.
  accept
    hosts = :

and

Accept if the message comes from one of the hosts for which we are an
  # outgoing relay
  accept
    hosts = +relay_from_hosts
    control = submission/sender_retain

But commenting both out does not work. So it must be something else?