[exim] local_sender_blacklist currently doing nothing

Author: John Beaumont | Beecroft
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] local_sender_blacklist currently doing nothing
Configuration:
Ubuntu Server 10.04, Exim 4.71, one file configuration
Server is just for reception of company mail from a pop3 server via
fetchmail, does not send any mail.

I am trying to get local_sender_blacklist to work. I have been testing
this by sending mail from my gmail account. So far no joy. Email from
my @gmail.com account gets through without problem.

Does anyone know where I am going wrong? Have been through the manual
for the blacklist file and everything seems fine. I don't have any
whitelist files.

/etc/exim4/local_sender_blacklist:
gmail.com

/etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template:
deny
    message = sender envelope address $sender_address is locally
    blacklisted here. If you think this is wrong, get in touch
    with the local postmaster
    !acl = acl_whitelist_local_deny
    senders = ${if exists{CONFDIR/local_sender_blacklist}\
    {CONFDIR/local_sender_blacklist}\
    {}}

/etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf:
dc_eximconfig_configtype='satellite'