[exim] Suggestions for setting up black hole for testing pur…

Author: Jeffrey Starin
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Suggestions for setting up black hole for testing purposes
Hello All,

I am using Exim version 4.69 on a VPS Cpanel hosted setup with root access.

In my attempt to determine what best configuration settings to set, I
would like the ability to send my mailing list to a black-hole or
otherwise replicate real outbound traffic on the server. Yet a search
on google for exim blackhole or exim stress test, only brings back some
esoteric results that are difficult for me to follow.

I guess my question is this: is there a way to do this without too much
tweaking of the exim.conf file? I certainly don't want to break the
existing settings, yet do need to simulate real outbound traffic to
gauge what other settings need to be tweaked.

Someone suggested sending outbound email to a secondary smtp server that
then dumps all the traffic into a black hole. Since I do indeed have
several domains operating on the same VPS this seems plausible to me: I
could just send a bunch of email to that domain.

I'm stuck, though, on how to set all inbound email to that "blackhole"
domain to then send all it's incoming email to the "great beyond".

Thank you.