Re: [exim] SMTP command timeout on connection - how to troub…

Author: Mike Kennedy
To: Scott Neader
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SMTP command timeout on connection - how to troubleshoot
I had a similar experience with a JVM that maintained an SMTP connection
pool, the connections were being held open until it went to use them and
found they had timed out. In my case, the people administering the JVM were
cooperative and set the pool to expire connections rather than keep them
around until they timed out on the server side. I don't know EdgeWave from
Adam, though, and my mail servers don't communicate directly with any
similar DLP product, so this is little better than a WAG in your case.