Re: [pcre-dev] Revision 922

Author: Zoltán Herczeg
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Revision 922
> Ah! No problem! I can easily make that happen in pcretest to get this
> information. I will sort that out.

> (Just to be absolutely sure: the callback will not be called if, for
> example, JIT has compiled for normal match, but not partial, and a
> partial match is tried. Is that right? I assume that I am asking my own
> stupid question here. :-)

Exactly. The callback is called just before the machine code is executed, and we know that time that the machine code is available.

We could still use the original jit_callback(...) function just it should set a static int flag to 1. We just need to call PCRE_ASSIGN_JIT_STACK(...) all the time with NULL user argument if the 32k machine stack is enough (by default for example, since PCRE_ASSIGN_JIT_STACK can be called multiple times).

I just see you have added PCRE_EXTRA_USED_JIT flag, but I think that is unnecessary :)

Regards,
Zoltan