Re: [pcre-dev] Revision 922

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Zoltán Herczeg
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Revision 922
On Wed, 22 Feb 2012, Zoltán Herczeg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Not a stupid question. Thanks for asking it. Darn. I want this
> > functionality for pcretest. I do not want to modify the API for
> > pcre_exec. Is there any other way I can achieve this? (I was slightly
> > worried when I implemented what I did, but obviously not worried enough.
> > I must remember to *think threads*. :-)
>
> This is dead easy. The JIT callback is *only* called if JIT runs (and in that case it is always called). We just need to set a flag in the callback.

Ah! No problem! I can easily make that happen in pcretest to get this
information. I will sort that out.

(Just to be absolutely sure: the callback will not be called if, for
example, JIT has compiled for normal match, but not partial, and a
partial match is tried. Is that right? I assume that I am asking my own
stupid question here. :-)

Philip

--
Philip Hazel