Re: [pcre-dev] ability to name a regexp and reuse it in anot…

Author: Philippe Strauss
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] ability to name a regexp and reuse it in another one
Yes, but I'm not using perl, but PCRE (mostyl on ocaml).

This qr// perl operator doesn't need any support from the regexp backend ?

Is it just string interpolation with a syntax sugar ? I was thinking of a compiled form of the sub-regexp, reusable in a similar manner thant qr// allows.

I guess the compiled form needs support from PCRE, and the other way is plain simple string interpolation (which can be acceptable depending on the situations, but may not simplify your code overall on other situations).

Regards.

--
Philippe Strauss
http://www.strauss-acoustics.ch/