Re: [exim] SMTP command timeout on connection - how to troub…

Author: Scott Neader
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SMTP command timeout on connection - how to troubleshoot
I was able to get the remote mail server admin to send me a packet capture
in .pcap format (if anyone wants to see it, I'd be glad to share, nothing
confidential in the cap).

What I see is that our Exim server sends the "250 OK id=xxxxxxx" message
just fine, and within a few ms, their server sends an ACK packet.

Here's the funny part... 120 seconds later, my Exim server sends a "421
my.servername.net: SMTP comamnd timeout - closing connection" packet, and
their server sends the ACK for that also, then my server sends the "FIN,
ACK", and their server sends the ACK, and the connection is closed.

Any ideas what is going on?

- Scott