Re: [pcre-dev] Version 8.30 is released

Author: Graycode
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Version 8.30 is released
On Mon, 13 Feb 2012, Sheri wrote:

> I've just discovered that 8.30 doesn't work at all with the software for
> which I build PCRE. The programmer abandoned the project a few months
> ago and did not release the source.

Ouch, very sorry to hear that.

> I guess it might be due to removal of pcre_info. I don't think it
> actually used the function, but likely imports or defines all previously
> exported functions. I'm not a programmer but if there's a way to stick a
> dummy function in there to try, please let me know.

Try adding the following 5 lines to the end of one of your *.c files.
I'd suggest appending them to your pcre_fullinfo.c file since that one
is more representative of what the deprecated function did.
I just tried that on my version and was able to verify the resulting
library (DLL) does expose that previously available function.

PCRE_EXP_DEFN int PCRE_CALL_CONVENTION
pcre_info(const pcre *argument_re, int *optptr, int *first_byte)
{
return PCRE_ERROR_BADMAGIC;
}

Regards,