Re: [exim] Cutthrough routing

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Cutthrough routing
Hello Jeremy,

Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> (Sa 21 Jan 2012 17:34:29 CET):
> I've been meaning to do this for some time now, but didn't get around to it
> until this winter's break.

> The second of the two patches attached to the bug extends the cutthrough routing
> support into making TLS connections for the outbound.  Since the connection used
> is made by the ACL verify callout code rather than the SMTP transport code, additions
> were needed for TLS - the callout code only ever did HELO!   The code changes are
> however quite extensive as the TLS support assumed there would only ever be
> one TLS connection active at a time, and we need (potentially) two for the in-
> and out-bound side SMTP.      The cutthrough logging code is tidied up a little also.

I didn't check your code - but your explanation about TLS during the ACL
phase looks promising. For a long time already I'm thinking about the
possibility to have "full tls support" already during the ACL callouts -
if I understood well, only the routing is used but, but then, the smtp
connection is done by some seperate piece of code, not configurable as
all the other transports.

Do you think, that your cuthrough extension can be even more extened to
provide "normal transports" (including all that TLS options) for smtp callouts?

Greetings from Dresden
--
Heiko