Re: [exim] Translate from Exim to Sieve filter

Góra strony
Autor: Phil Pennock
Dla: l.rinetti@movimatica.com
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Translate from Exim to Sieve filter
On 2012-01-17 at 07:35 +0100, l.rinetti@??? wrote:
> Thank You,
> but how i can support both at the same time ?
> Do you mean i can use a Exim filter (.forward) and an Sieve filter
> in some other file ?

Exim looks at the first line of the file to determine the format.

You need the "allow_filter" option uncommented on the "userforward"
Router.

After that, the file needs to start with either "#Exim filter" or
"#Sieve filter". Whichever line starts the file, determines the format
of the contents. For Sieve scripts, this is not part of the Sieve
standard, but not incompatible either. If letting folks upload scripts
themselves, the MANAGESIEVE server software you use would manage
inserting that line for you.

You can use MANAGESIEVE software such as pysieved to manage sieve
scripts in ~/.forward files, and pysieved will automatically handle the
"#Sieve filter" line for you. I'm not sure how it deals with non-sieve
files.

-Phil