Re: [exim] milter?

Author: Todd Lyons
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] milter?
On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 3:24 AM, Nigel Metheringham <nigel@???> wrote:
> Just to clarify - I have no objections whatsoever to work being done
> to provide a milter interface/api/whatever to exim, as long as it is
> done in a clean fashion.
>
> A way of reusing mail filtering/transformation code between platforms
> would, in most cases, be a good thing.

I agree. Personally I would want it for the sole purpose of being
able to use Murray's main project (opendkim) instead of the built in
DKIM. I have no complaints about exim's DKIM support, I would just
like to standardize our site (half sendmail, half exim) to use the
same DKIM software.

> However, realistically, this is not going to get done unless someone
> has that particular itch that needs scratching, and so gets on and
> does that development work. I suspect that, based on whats happened
> over the last years, thats unlikely.

Last year, I worked on adapting some beginnings of code that a
gentleman had done against 4.66 as part of a graduate project. My c
fu is weak sauce though, so I never got much beyond planting his
beginning code into current exim. The code is not useful yet and it's
a bit beyond my skillset and time availability.

I would use it, but don't have the skills to see it through to fruition.

Regards...        Todd
--
SOPA: Any attempt to [use legal means to] reverse technological
advances is doomed.  --Leo Leporte