Re: [exim] Including state information in Received fields

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Including state information in Received fields
On 2012-01-11 21:10, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> I'm co-authoring a draft that would add supplementary information to Received header fields indicating when a message enters some kind of administrative hold. This would be useful to people looking through trace data to figure out why a message sat on a machine for some time, if the reason is something other than a hop that took a long time to complete for connectivity reasons.
>
> The draft specification is here: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-received-state/
>
> Would exim be willing to implement something like this? It may be that you have no processing modes or responses like "quarantine" that would apply so maybe it's not applicable at all, but it's worth it to ask.

Exim would not need to; the format of the Recieved header line is entirely under
the control of the exim config file and could be set up to include such information.
Also any such processing modes or states would be implemented by the config file
(it's a complete programming language and can hook to external facilities).

--
Jeremy