Re: [pcre-dev] C vs C++ Bindings?

Author: Craig Silverstein
To: Kenneth Shaw
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] C vs C++ Bindings?
} As such, has anyone done any kind of performance study / comparison
} between the C and C++ bindings? Any input would be greatly
} appreciated, thanks!

Not that I know of. It depends, in part, on how you use pcre -- you
may find yourself doing the same things the c++ wrapper is already
doing.

It seems like you're in a perfect position to do just that comparison!
You've already got the C bindings. Switching to using the c++
bindings should hopefully be straightforward -- I think the code will
likely be cleaner -- and if there's a perf regression you can just
revert back.

If you do, definitely report back on what you found!

craig