Re: [exim] DKIM signature where the identity field has a lea…

Author: Tony Meyer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] DKIM signature where the identity field has a leading slash attempts to touch the filesystem
> How about posting the ACL configuration, so we can see what you're
> trying to do there?  I suspect that you have an addresslist or
> domainlist which you're constructing using $dkim_cur_signer as an item
> and not accounting for "10.3 File names in lists".

The DKIM ACL is this (for the most part, borrowed from messages on
this list some time ago):

"""
acl_check_dkim:
  warn
    !dkim_status   = invalid
    add_header     = :at_start:X-DKIM: $dkim_verify_status

  accept
    dkim_status    = none
    sender_domains = KNOWN_DKIM_SIGNERS
    dkim_signers   = KNOWN_DKIM_SIGNERS
    condition      = ${if
match_domain{$sender_address_domain}{$dkim_cur_signer}}
    log_message    = Possible DKIM Forgery: Unsigned message from
$sender_address_domain
    add_header     = :at_start:X-DKIM: Exim $version_number on
$primary_hostname (no dkim signature for required
domain:$dkim_cur_signer)

  accept
    dkim_status    = none
    !sender_domains = KNOWN_DKIM_SIGNERS
    !dkim_signers  = KNOWN_DKIM_SIGNERS
    add_header     = :at_start:X-DKIM: Exim $version_number on
$primary_hostname (no dkim signature for $dkim_cur_signer)

  accept
    dkim_status    = pass : invalid
    add_header     = :at_start:Authentication-Results:
$primary_hostname; dkim=$dkim_verify_status;
signing_identity="$dkim_cur_signer"; reason="$dkim_verify_reason"

  accept
    dkim_status    = fail
    condition      = ${if eq{$dkim_key_testing}{1}{no}{yes}}
    log_message    = DKIM Failure: $dkim_verify_reason
    add_header     = :at_start:X-DKIM-Failure: $dkim_verify_reason

accept
"""

So that would mean the problem is with "${if
match_domain{$sender_address_domain}{$dkim_cur_signer}}" then? If I
reversed this to "${if
match_domain{$dkim_cur_signer}{$sender_address_domain}}" would that
then be correct? i.e. only the second item is treated as a list, so a
leading slash in the first has no effect?

Thanks,
Tony