Re: [exim] Percentage signs in identity field in DKIM signat…

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Percentage signs in identity field in DKIM signature header are treated as format placeholders
Tony Meyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I receive (Exim 4.75) messages that have a DKIM signature that
> has a percentage sign in the identity field I get paniclog entries
> like this:
>
> """
> 2011-04-29 04:20:53 1QFdK8-0000hi-Ts string_format: unsupported type
> in "%i" in "DKIM: d=iecc.com s=4330.4db9faa9.k1104 c=simple/simple
> a=rsa-sha256 i=spamfighter%iecc.com@??? [verification
> succeeded]"
> """
>
> Example headers (these reproduce the problem, but the identity field
> was added to a different signature. The paniclog line above is from a
> real message).
>
> """
> Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 12:54:28 +0400
> From: tony.meyer@???
> To: tony@???
> Subject: test
> """
>
> Is this a problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Tony

Tony,

In re this (%) AND the '/' reported just before..

I don't personally generate or look at DKIM, nor pretend to grok it -
but ... whether these are acceptable in valid DKIM sigs or not, IMNSHO
the Exim *panic* log is not where I would expect reports to appear.

Unless a devel pops up with reasons otherwise, I'd suggest reporting
both of these cases as an apparent bug.

.. along with a verbatim copy of your acl_smtp_dkim, of course.

One CAN manually direct ANYTHING to panic::

PostgreSQL INSERTS for later action in my case, give that said log
otherwise atrophies from disuse.

;-)

Regards,

Bill