Re: [exim] Doubt with main configuration macros

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Doubt with main configuration macros
Pablo Hrbacek wrote:
> I don't know how to read the exim4.69 configuration files. I'm using split config.
> When I read main/01_exim4_config_listmacrosdefs I don't know where are defined some macros. e.g.
>
> .ifndef CONFDIR
> CONFDIR = /etc/exim4
> .endif
>
> CONFDIR where is defined?
>
> Some macros are defined at update-exim4.conf.conf
>
> Another example at main/02_exim4-config_options
>
> .ifndef MAIN_ACL_CHECK_RCPT
> MAIN_ACL_CHECK_RCPT = acl_check_rcpt
> .endif
>
> Thanks

Before you go any further, PLEASE upgrade to the current Exim release!
There were serious security issues in pre 4.7X versions.

Even so..

Any system that uses that generated split-config toolset (Debian-only
AFAIK) comes complete with extensive docs.

More historical information, and more specific current help, are
available on the Debian specific mailing list (also pointed to in your
on-box docs).

MOST, though not all, on THIS list use the standard monolithic Exim
~/configure file, which may be less 'automated', but otherwise simpler.

AFAIK, that is also an option on Debian.

HTH,

Bill