Re: [exim] maildirsize file and massive concurrency

Author: Sven Hartge
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] maildirsize file and massive concurrency
W B Hacker <wbh@???> wrote:

> FWIW, courier-mta and its components, courier-imap included, are also
> amenable to PostgreSQL 'management'. Indeed, those are what we used
> before adopting Exim for its in-session smtp decision making skills.

I know, courier-imap/pop is currently used $here with a LDAP database as
backend. But as far as I am able to see, it can only store the size of a
maildir inside a file and in no other way.

This (and the mdbox feature plus couriers icky configuration) makes me
currently investigate Dovecot as a future replacement.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sig lost. Core dumped.