Re: [exim] retry times

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] retry times
W B Hacker <wbh@???> (Do 27 Jan 2011 00:06:53 CET):
> Sergei Gerasenko wrote:

> > *                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,6h
> > Thanks!

> The retry (alone) fires a queue-runner every 15 minutes for the first 2 hours,
> etc ..

Until now I thought, that queue runners are started according the "-q…"
option. (Or additionally triggered by external means (cron,
some user, …) The 15m above just means, that during the first 2 hours the
*minimum* distance between to delivery attempts has to be 15 minutes.

The spec reads:

    | Retry times are hints rather than promises. Exim does not make any attempt to
    | run deliveries exactly at the computed times. Instead, a queue runner process
    | starts delivery processes for delayed messages periodically, and these attempt
    | new deliveries only for those addresses that have passed their next retry time.

Please correct me, if I'm wrong.

--
Heiko :: dresden : linux : SCHLITTERMANN.de
GPG Key 48D0359B : 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2 7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B