Re: [exim] retry times

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] retry times
Sergei Gerasenko wrote:
> Cool! Thank you for the info!
>
> My exim is running with this command: /usr/local/sbin/exim4 -bd -q30m, so
> that should be 30 minutes, right?

For *that paricular* source or means of invocation of 'a' queue runner - yes.

> Adjusted the logging -- thanks!

Have a care with any of these adjustments.

It is easy to lose more log detail than you really wanted to do without, and not
realize it until trying to debug two months later..

I'd suggest you compare before/after and 'adjust'.

JFWIW, I use:

log_selector = +all -all_parents -queue_run -arguments -rejected_header

That produces a very detailed log - perhaps TOO detailed for many folks.

It WILL still show the collisions you seek to not log - but ONLY the collisions.
Basic queue-runner invocation does not show - only the delivery *results*.

Suits my needs, but YMMV,

Bill