Re: [exim] Max length of a filter line

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Sandro Tosi
CC: exim-users@exim.org, Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [exim] Max length of a filter line
On 21 Jan 2011, at 07:36, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> well, the use-case is more a users-paranoia-reason :) We have some
> customers that defined a lot (the winner is 2800) of email addresses to
> filter; we were doing it via procmail rules, but now we're moving to
> consolidate everything inside exim via user filters.

This sounds as though you really want to be doing a single lookup
against a table of addresses unless I really misunderstand your
use case. Even if its a sender/recipient combo blacklist or similar
you could build your db (SQL, or dbm or cdb) tables to be keyed
appropriately.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]