Re: [exim] PGP on list

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] PGP on list
Hello,

Mike Cardwell <exim-users@???> (Mi 12 Jan 2011 14:46:50 CET):

> Is there a policy regarding PGP signing mail on list. Is it acceptable
> for me to start signing my on-list email? If so, should I sign inline or
> using MIME/PGP? Or doesn't it matter?

I do not see any reason why not to sign list emails.

I'm signing almost all of my mail and mostly didn't think about it.
(Unsigned mails I'm using for communication with BIG companies, since
they are either unable to accept signed mails or the recipient is not
able to use a MUA which can deal with signed mails. (Outlook often shows
an empty message and two attachments, one is the message I wrote, and
the other one is the signature. But Outlook users seem to tend to ignore
such attachments…)

I'm talking about PGP/MIME, since Inline-PGP has some drawbacks (most
notably the absence of charset information about the signed message.)

--
Heiko :: dresden : linux : SCHLITTERMANN.de
GPG Key 48D0359B : 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2 7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B