[exim] sophie socket error when not using sophie

Author: a.smith
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] sophie socket error when not using sophie
Hi,

I'm configuring a new server, its FreeBSD 8.1 with exim 4.73. I
have copied over the exim config from an existing server. I want to
disable av_scanner, so I have commented out the line that specified
clamav. Now whenever mail is delivered I get the error:

malware acl condition: unable to connect to sophie UNIX socket
(/var/run/sophie). errno=2

It seems this is hardcoded into the exim binary:

strings /usr/local/sbin/exim | grep sophie
sophie:/var/run/sophie
malware acl condition: unable to connect to sophie UNIX socket (%s). errno=%d
malware filename does not fit in buffer [malware_internal() sophie]
malware acl condition: unable to write to sophie UNIX socket (%s)
malware acl condition: unable to read from sophie UNIX socket (%s)
malware acl condition: malware acl condition: sophie reported error

How can I disable av_scanner?

thanks Andy.