Re: [exim] exim 4.72 - No retry, immediate long failure time…

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: Chris Russell
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] exim 4.72 - No retry, immediate long failure timeout
On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Chris Russell <
Chris.Russell@???> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> > I've seen this occasionally happen with other (pre-4.72
> > versions of exim), but have never been able to track down
> > the root cause. I usually delete the retry db files
> > and restart exim which clears it up. Have not had reports
> > from any customers re this happening in 4.72, at least not yet.
>
> > Would <3 to know what the heck is causing it and fix it permanently.
>
> Cheers for the reply - only started seeing this since the update to
> 4.72,however I`m not seeing it on another 4.72 server with the same OS
> levels.
>
> This has to be something as you've said with the retry databases not
> updating or becoming corrupt, as your fix has solved the problem. Thanks
> again for the tip!

There must have been some clues on the Exim mainlog about "inappropriate
file type" (I don't remember the exact words so just grep for inappropriate
and see). This happens, from what I've seen previously, when you upgrade
Exim across versions... I can't tell whether it's across major or minor
versions but that's what I've seen before.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,