Re: [exim] exim 4.72 - No retry, immediate long failure time…

Author: Chris Russell
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] exim 4.72 - No retry, immediate long failure timeout
Hi Dave,

> I've seen this occasionally happen with other (pre-4.72
> versions of exim), but have never been able to track down
> the root cause. I usually delete the retry db files
> and restart exim which clears it up. Have not had reports
> from any customers re this happening in 4.72, at least not yet.

> Would <3 to know what the heck is causing it and fix it permanently.

Cheers for the reply - only started seeing this since the update to 4.72,however I`m not seeing it on another 4.72 server with the same OS levels.

This has to be something as you've said with the retry databases not updating or becoming corrupt, as your fix has solved the problem. Thanks again for the tip!

Cheers

Chris

Knowledge I.T.
'Unifying Business Technology'
www.knowledgeit.co.uk

Knowledge Limited, Company Registration: 1554385
Registered Office: New Century House, Crowther Road, Washington, Tyne & Wear. NE38 0AQ
Leeds Office: Viscount Court, Leeds Road, Rothwell, Leeds. LS26 0GR

Tel: 0845 142 0020. Fax: 0845 142 0021

E-Mail Disclaimer: This e-mail message is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain. E-mail messages to clients of Knowledge IT may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged. Please do not read, copy, forward, or store this message unless you are an intended recipient of it. If you have received this message in error, please forward it to the sender and delete it completely from your computer system.