Re: [exim-dev] Latest releases on FreeBSD4

Author: Paul Civati
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Latest releases on FreeBSD4
Paul Civati <paul@???> wrote:

> I need some suggestions on patching the latest Exim releases on
> FreeBSD4 since they don't build:
>
> gcc smtp_in.c
> smtp_in.c: In function `smtp_vprintf':
> smtp_in.c:403: syntax error before `}'
> *** Error code 1

Problem solved, I think.

At least, it builds but I've not tested it yet.

src/macros.h contains a work around for lack of va_copy() but the
macro is missing (or this old gcc does not like, depends on your
point of view) the lack of semi colons in the macro definition.

4.72 has:

#define va_copy(dest, src) do { memcpy(dest, src, sizeof(va_list) } while (0)

which I had to change to this:

#define va_copy(dest, src) do { memcpy(dest, src, sizeof(va_list)); } while (0);

Cheers,

-Paul-