Re: [exim-dev] Candidate patches for privilege escalation

Author: Phil Pennock
To: David Woodhouse
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Candidate patches for privilege escalation
On 2010-12-13 at 21:30 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> In order to make the privilege separation actually work properly, I
> think it's acceptable to impose the minor inconvenience described above
> for those who are currently using -C/-D options. If you can come up with
> alternative suggestions which fix privsep and are *easier* to use, I'm
> all ears...

Uhm, yes, the "list valid overrideable macros in the config file", so
that vendors who package Exim as part of a larger product only need to
update the config file, instead of having to rework how they invoke
Exim, a larger change which may discourage upgrading and so counteract
the work you're putting in now.

-Phil