Re: [exim] Not advertising STARTTLS

Author: Allen Williams
To: Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Not advertising STARTTLS
On 09/20/2010 08:07 AM, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> On Dom, 19 Set 2010, Allen Williams wrote:
>
>> I cannot get exim4 to advertise STARTTLS. Here is the germane section
>> from my autoconfigure.exim.conf file that is configured via a Debian
>> configuration. As near as I can tell, the only germane lines are the
>> first three. I can post the exim4.conf.template if necessary:
>> tls_certificate = "/etc/exim4/tls/exim.crt"
>> tls_privatekey = "/etc/exim4/tls/exim.key"
>> tls_advertise_hosts = *
>>
>> .ifdef MAIN_TLS_ENABLE
>> .ifndef MAIN_TLS_ADVERTISE_HOSTS
>> MAIN_TLS_ADVERTISE_HOSTS = *
>> .endif
>>
> [snip]
>
> Did you set the macro MAIN_TLS_ENABLE?
>
> This is described in the debian README:
> http://pkg-exim4.alioth.debian.org/README/README.Debian.html#TLS

Sorry, I replied to this and another email earlier today, but from a
different email address, so evidently it didn't go through.

I tried that, and tried doing away with the "local macros" file
altogether. I've been using Exim on Debian for about four years or so,
and don't really do it the "Debian Way", but sort of a bastardized
version. That's why I posted the autoconfigure file. I will hand edit
that until I find out what's wrong, then fix the exim4.conf.template
accordingly.

However, this is the first time in my use of Exim that I've had need to
send to the mailing list, so before I did, I tried the local macros.
Neither works.

Thanks,
Allen