Re: [exim] Not advertising STARTTLS

Author: Williams, Allen
To: Eduardo M KALINOWSKI, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Not advertising STARTTLS
Yes, I've tried it every way. I tried setting this value in the exim4
local macros, then just deleted the local macros, and, as this email
shows, set the values straight up in the exim4.conf.template, which is
my preferred way anyway. I've been using exim4 for about four years,
and usually just edit the exim4.conf.template to get what I want; for
me, it's more straightforward, but this time I've tried it both ways.
This is the first time I've had to resort to the email list for help. I
realize I'm sort of bastardizing the "Debian way", but that is why I
specifically cut-and-paste the autoconfigure.exim.conf file, which is
the ultimate result and is what exim4 reads.

Worst case, to eliminate all the Debian stuff and alleviate anyone's
"you should be doing it this way"-type comments, I can just hand-edit
the autoconfigure file until I find out what the issue is, then adjust
the exim4.conf.template accordingly. Like I say, I've been doing this
for a number of years so far.

Thanks, and Regards,
Allen Williams
allen.williams@???