Re: [exim-dev] Test release of exim 4.72 uploaded

Author: Michael Haardt
To: simon, exim-dev
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Test release of exim 4.72 uploaded
> To a limited extent, when there is a security problem, as few other
> changes as possible should go in because administrators should not be
> left facing a choice of "live with security problem" vs "break the
> setup". Small obviously-correct bugfixes are probably okay.

How about releasing the last official release with nothing changed but
the security fixes? Not even "Small obviously-correct bugfixes".

That way we avoid the release packaging from CVS, which may be troublesome
at this point. Simply take the last release, unpack, apply the security
fixes, bump up the version number and pack it again. That should allow
distributions to incorporate it with the least effort and we are free
to work on a feature release.

Michael