Re: [exim] 4.70 freebsd pwcheck

Author: Randy Bush
To: Phil Pennock
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] 4.70 freebsd pwcheck
> Wait a couple of days (max) for 4.71, it's "very imminent" and has
> various bug-fixes and cleanups which might be expected after the first
> release in a couple of years.

ack. 'cept i had to catch up with some other stuff and this is the time
window i had. back now to review papers, and two design messes. whine
whine.

> The way the FreeBSD port manages this sort of configuraton is to patch
> the src/EDITME file to provide some XX_FOO_XX hooks which can then be
> adjusted afterwards. Look at files/patch-src::EDITME.
>
> Honestly, your easiest approach is going to be:
> make patch
> vi work/exim-*/src/EDITME
> make

that is close to what i did. except i edited work/exim*/Local/Makefile
and just compiler and installed the sucker. had to get mail systems
back up so i can go back to work in the morning

> Alternatively, since the FreeBSD port developer reads this list, you
> might get lucky and he'll expose this as a knob for the 4.71 release.
> :) He's been cooperative for me in the past, putting in knobs for
> things like EXIM_USER. Very nice chap.

i'll get back to this after the current spate of projects. as if they
ever end :(

thanks

randy