Re: [exim] 4.70 freebsd pwcheck

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Randy Bush
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] 4.70 freebsd pwcheck
On 2009-11-24 at 18:26 +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
> not obvious to me how to config 4.70 on freebsd to compile with

Wait a couple of days (max) for 4.71, it's "very imminent" and has
various bug-fixes and cleanups which might be expected after the first
release in a couple of years.

>     CYRUS_PWCHECK_SOCKET=/var/pwcheck/pwcheck

> yes, i know this is not the wonderful way to do things :)
>
>     [X] AUTH_SASL          Enable use of Cyrus SASL auth library

> does not do it

The way the FreeBSD port manages this sort of configuraton is to patch
the src/EDITME file to provide some XX_FOO_XX hooks which can then be
adjusted afterwards. Look at files/patch-src::EDITME.

Honestly, your easiest approach is going to be:
make patch
vi work/exim-*/src/EDITME
make

Alternatively, since the FreeBSD port developer reads this list, you
might get lucky and he'll expose this as a knob for the 4.71 release.
:) He's been cooperative for me in the past, putting in knobs for
things like EXIM_USER. Very nice chap.

Regards,
-Phil