Re: [exim] exim 4.70 on NetBSD 5.0.1 failure

Author: J.R.
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim 4.70 on NetBSD 5.0.1 failure

Hi,

> In fact, the DNS resolution is sufficiently isolated that we *could*
> implement the res_nsend API. I don't have a NetBSD box to test any
> changes on though, so I'm unwilling to write the patch.

there is a person on the netbsd mailing list who can help to develop a
patch. I have his agreement to forward his offer:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2009/11/17/msg011148.html
---
Well, I can still make tests on my NetBSD box if required, but please note
that it is in no way dependant of NetBSD.

The res_foo API is deprecated, and the alternative res_nfoo functions have
been around for many, many years. IMHO, using deprecated APIs in new code
is not recommended.

res_nfoo functions use statp instead of _res, which is thread-safe.

Feel free to forward my mail if you need too.

Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost
---

Maybe exim *can* run on NetBSD. This would be great!

thx!
J.R.