Re: [exim] Improving Exim Documentation: A Simple Suggestion

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Improving Exim Documentation: A Simple Suggestion

On 12 Nov 2009, at 19:46, Phil Pennock wrote:

> AsciiDoc was used, but then PH moved to a custom format, for which he
> released the processing tools as open source, so as to have a sane base
> format.

Well its effectively docbook with some wrapping to make it merely like performing tooth extraction on yourself as opposed to heart surgery.

I vented on twitter about docbook a few days back (how come its so crap and so hostile - texinfo appears to be more flexible and user friendly as well as being 20 years older) and the company behind http://livetechdocs.com/ popped up and recommended themselves.

No idea if thats worth looking at - personally I have been far too close to docbook recently so am scrubbing hourly with strong disinfectant until the stench goes away.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]