Re: [exim] Improving Exim Documentation: A Simple Suggestion

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Improving Exim Documentation: A Simple Suggestion

On 12 Nov 2009, at 19:46, Phil Pennock wrote:

> AsciiDoc was used, but then PH moved to a custom format, for which he
> released the processing tools as open source, so as to have a sane base
> format.

Well its effectively docbook with some wrapping to make it merely like performing tooth extraction on yourself as opposed to heart surgery.

I vented on twitter about docbook a few days back (how come its so crap and so hostile - texinfo appears to be more flexible and user friendly as well as being 20 years older) and the company behind popped up and recommended themselves.

No idea if thats worth looking at - personally I have been far too close to docbook recently so am scrubbing hourly with strong disinfectant until the stench goes away.

[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]