Re: [exim] SQL hostlist against a different server

Author: Warren Baker
To: Ian P. Christian
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] SQL hostlist against a different server
2009/7/16 Ian P. Christian <pookey@???>

> Hi all,
>
> I've noticed since 4.68 , I can use different SQL servers for
> read/write, or define different servers on a per-query basis, as
> coveredin the manual in 9.21/9.22 [1]
>
> However.. I can't see how I'd query a certain server for a hostlist.
> For example, how would the below be modified?
>
> hostlist blacklist_hosts     = mysql;Q_BLACKLIST_HOSTS

Like so:

hostlist blacklist_hosts = ${lookup
mysql{servers=OTHER_MYSQL_SERVER/db/username/password;Q_BLACKLIST_HOSTS}}

OTHER_MYSQL_SERVER can be defined previously for example:

OTHER_MYSQL_SERVER = 10.0.0.10/database/username/password

so you can simply use:

hostlist blacklist_hosts = ${lookup
mysql{servers=OTHER_MYSQL_SERVER;Q_BLACKLIST_HOSTS}}

hope that answers your question.

.warren