Re: [exim] /etc/aliases not working as expected

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Jacob Rau
CC: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] /etc/aliases not working as expected
I suggest you should try asking on the debian exim4 mailing list -
debian use a customised configuration for exim which makes it
difficult for those of us not in a debian environment to understand
the interactions within that environment:-

On 29 Mar 2009, at 05:17, Jacob Rau wrote:

[snip...]

> I learned from many sources that I could edit /etc/aliases. And I did.
>
> #
> # Mail aliases for sendmail
> #
>
> # You must run newaliases(1) after making changes to this file.
> #

That clearly says sendmail (which is not the standard debian mail
package so that comment looks suspicious to me...). newaliases is
also normally a sendmail specific thing (although it can just be a db
building wrapper script). So I start to suspect the config file you
are looking at is not part of the exim config.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]