Re: [exim] Forward All Transport

Author: Simon Faulkner
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Forward All Transport
This was the reply from my friend, Dan Shearer:

You want to do what?!? <snip>

You want to send a copy of all email being delivered on a server to a
single address on a particular remote server. A very blind and stupid
archive system (that won't do anything sensible with expansions and
multiple copies and whatnot) but also a reliable one.

I suggest that:

1. You can do everything you want in an Exim filter, and

2. You will like filters much more than Exim configs

Therefore, I propose you solve your problem with a global filter (you
can also have a filter file per-user.)

A filter file is slightly harder than a .forward file and easier than
procmail.

You start with this in the Exim config file:

system_filter = /etc/exim4/exim4.filter

I'm pretty sure you want just one single line in your filter to solve
the whole problem (it's like a global .forward):

unseen deliver myaddress@???

I suspect you might want to add this before the deliver command:

headers add "Archive copy from branch"

You can test a filter from the commandline:

exim -bF filter < amessage

You hopefully won't need it, but see also:
http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/filter.html#
And http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch43.html